Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hiroshimagain.


J. Mascis was in a band called Dinosaur Jr. that have roasted my dome since hi-‘skool. After fifteen plus years of its original members wishing each other grim death and some good enough solo albums, the band will reunite this year for a short tour of Europe and what have you. Mascis’ guitar playing is a kind abrasion, a rush of blood not unlike the loss of oxygen that swells the chest while inhaling smoke or dirt. These days he resembles an elder god: the dude who Cronus and Zeus buy hash from. 4Teez n’ Blunse met Mascis with steadfast journalistic resolve to ask the tough questions. We also met him at a noisy Amherst diner entirely by accident. The nitties and gritties on past triumphs, foreign exchange, and ambitions both immediate and long-term await you.

4TEEZ: THANK YOU FOR AGREEING TO THIS INTERVIEW, IT’S AN HONOR.
JMASC: THIS IS AN INTERVIEW?
4TEEZ: WHAT WAS INSPIRING YOU DURING THE MAKING OF GREEN MIND?
JMASC: NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT GREEN MIND. IT WAS A BITCH TO RECORD AND PUT OUT AND I HAVEN’T THOUGHT ABOUT IT SINCE.
4TEEZ: REUNITING DINOSAUR, BUT WITH NO DATES IN AMERICA. WHY?
JMASC: THEY GET US OVER THERE, BETTER CROWDS. I LIKE THEIR VENUES.
4TEEZ: THEIR MENUS?
JMASC: VENUES. (TO JOHN MAHONY OF SUNBURNED HAND OF THE MAN) WHAT THE FUCK DO I ORDER HERE?
4TEEZ: I RECOMMEND THE GREEK MOUSSAKA.
JMASC: WHO? HOW MANY MORE QUESTIONS?
4TEEZ: I THINK I’VE GOT ENOUGH. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, I APPRECIATE IT.
JMASC: YOU’RE WELCOME.
4TEEZ: ARE YOU GONNA GET THE MOUSSAKA?
JMASC: I’D PREFER EGGS.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no comprendo. obvi don't know the music.

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home